A trademark is a visual symbol, which may be a word, name, device, label or numerals used by a business to distinguish it goods or services from other similar goods or services originating from a different business. A registered trademark is an intangible asset or intellectual property for a business and is used to protect the company's investment in the brand or symbol. A trademark is registrable if it is distinctive for the goods and services you provide. Proposed trademarks that are similar or identical to an existing registered trademark cannot be registered. Also, trademarks are not registrable if it is offensive, generic, deceptive, not distinctive, contains specially protected emblems, etc.,
The function of a registered trade mark is to give an indication to the purchaser or a possible purchaser:
a) As to the manufacture or quality of the goods.
b) Trade source from which the goods come.
c) The trade hands through which they pass on their way to the market.
It is an important to collect the below listed information which would be required for filing the Trademark Application form for trademark registration.
1. Name of the Applicant – individual/company/proprietorship firm/trust/partnership filing the application. In case of joint applicants/partnership details of all the applicants/ partners.
2. Address of Applicant(s) filing the application.
3. Nature of the entity filing the application (individual/proprietor/partnership firm/ company/ HUF/ LLC).
4. Nature of products/services for which the logo/ mark is used- try to be as specific as possible.
5. Nature of your business (Manufacturer/ Trader/ Service provider).
6. If the mark is already in use then the approximate date since when the mark has been in used in India.
7. Date of the first commercial use of the mark anywhere in the world.
8. A copy of the mark/logo (preferably soft copy) for which trademark is sought.
9. A signed Power of Attorney (Form TM-48) on Stamp Paper in favour of the Trademark Agent/ Advocate.
- To check your trademark category please check our Trademark Class Details. (With Company360 we will search & suggest approprite class for your product/service.)
|Trademark Objection Reply||1999|
|Trademark Objection Reply +Rectification||4500|